Jukin Media is a global entertainment company that produces content for television and emerging digital platforms. Jukin is the owner/ operator of a portfolio of social video properties that includes FailArmy, People Are Awesome, The Pet Collective, Poke My Heart, WeatherSpy and This is Happening; the properties combine for more than 200 million fans and several billion monthly video views via online and OTT distribution. Additionally, Jukin provides a wide range of content licensing solutions that allow premium brands, publishers, and media networks, to commercially utilize user-generated video content. For more information, visit http://www.jukinmedia.com/.
The Community Manager is responsible for managing our growing community. This role will be expected to set overall community strategy as it relates to supporting brand initiatives such as programming, ecommerce, influencers/partnerships, and community/fan events. The Community Manager is an expert in honing a brand's voice and adapting to each platform's best practices to constantly grow and engage the fan community. This position will also actively manage and program the social media presence for one of our largest brands, FailArmy.
The ideal candidate is a clever writer, has excellent task management skills, and in-depth experience with managing social media and online communities, understanding who they are, and encouraging them to take action. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience cultivating relationships with influencers and outside talent. This role also requires creative content creation, including being comfortable on-camera, and starring in content as the familiar face for FailArmy’s audience.
This position will report to the Sr. Director of Social Media. This position is based in our Los Angeles office. (Currently working remotely due to pandemic).
- Structure and oversee implementation of community-facing strategy across FailArmy
- Serve as the fan-facing representative of FailArmy and communicate on behalf of the brand across multiple channels (social platforms, newsletters, messaging apps, etc.)
- Be an advocate to stimulate online conversations and interact with fans & customers to nurture community and user engagement
- Develop strong understanding of our audience segments and community profiles
- Migrate the appropriate audiences to top priority platforms, products, and content
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute contests, launches, and user generated video submission programs
- Network with community members and identify community champions to elevate
- Identify and collaborate with influencers to develop ongoing partnership opportunities
- Use social media management and analytics tools to measure key metrics, community sentiment, and respond to fan & customer concerns
- Liaise with audience development team to ensure responses maintain the brand voice and provide feedback loop for audience sentiment
- Working with Ecommerce and Marketing, spearhead organic promotional efforts for the FailArmy store and Patreon
- Recommend and implement new community features as appropriate
- Monitor trends, audience shifts, and new tools on platforms and in the larger digital media space, sharing with and teaching the wider group
- Minimum 3 years experience in brand communications, programming and/or community management for digital publisher brand, platform, social media, MCN, media agency. Experience in working with timely and topical content is a huge plus.
- Strong expertise in and a passion for current and emerging social and OTT platforms (ex. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Reddit, Snapchat, etc.)
- Familiarity with social listening tools (such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, and Crowdtangle) and proficiency in Google Workspace
- Experience in engaging communities through unique creative campaigns
- Experience in cultivating relationships with outside influencers and talent
- Experienced and active in online groups as well as building community
- Comfortable being on-camera
- Deep knowledge of channel management, social media publishing, publishing calendars, reporting & analytics
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced start-up environment and execute flawlessly
- Must be a tech savvy, team-oriented, and resourceful professional
- Enthusiasm for viral UGC content and YouTube Certified is a plus
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile growth environment where you will get your hands into the details.
- Well-developed Microsoft Office product suite skills and advanced Excel and analytical skills required.